Friday, July 12, 2013

Jiggety Jig

I am so glad to be home.

As I travelled into Chattanooga this evening everything looked more beautiful than ever before.  Nickajack Lake glistened like a sapphire, Mocassin Bend's curves summoned a closer look and the unlit letter in the Chattanooga Choo Choo sign was artful.  When I pulled into my driveway I was thankful that the rain caused all the weeds to pop out in my lawn of clover.

Today started out harder than it ended.  Anticipation has a funny way of doing that to me.  The fight and the build up are always worse than the actual scenario.  When will I learn this lesson and let go?  Please Lord, let it happen sooner than later.

Appointment #1-ENT
King had a Nasal Endoscopy to see if his surgery needed correcting.  Everything was perfect!  However, he does have another bad sinus infection or perhaps the same one.  The ENT feels that E Coli is growing persistently in the sinus cavity as it was before.  The Augmentin should have taken care of it, but did not.  

Appointment #2-General Surgeon
King had the area around his G Button checked because it is red, weepy and swollen.  At first glance, they knew that there was granulation tissue.  This happens when the body tries to heal in a place that it can not (there is a tube in the way of the hole closing).  This causes a green discharge, raw skin and bleeding.  The nurse used silver nitrate to cauterize the unwanted tissue.  This was very painful for sweet King, but will be incredibly helpful in the long run.  I was not prepared for how badly it would hurt him.

Appointment #3-CF Care Center (Pediatric Pulmonologists, Infant Dietitian)
Guess What????  King is at the 49th percentile for weight to length!!!!!  I had myself (and everyone else---sorry about that, y'all) convinced that King was failing to gain weight on the curve.  He is doing an awesome job especially since he has been so sick!  Everyone was very proud at the Care Center!

Remember the yucky E Coli?  The pulmonologist feels that we can try one more oral antibiotic until Tuesday.  If by Tuesday King is not showing marked improvement we will need to check him into the hospital for a 2 week course of IV antibiotic.  He started Bactrim tonight and hopefully it is going to make all of the difference in the world!

I hope we get to stay home next week with our lawn of clover.  


No comments:

Post a Comment