Monday, October 8, 2012

Walter the Schwillderbeast

Who is Walter the Schwillderbeast?  I love nicknames.  I think they humanize anything-many times humans, but sometimes inanimate objects.  So, who is Walter?

Walter is King's feeding tube.  You may know enough to know that Walter was born to us on September 20 at Vanderbilt.  Alex and I talked before we went for the birth of our newest member and decided that we needed a better name than "feeding tube."  Not only does "feeding tube" sound lame and uncomfortable, but who wants to say that instead of Walter the Schwillderbeast?  Not I.

I imagined that Walter the Schwillderbeast would take up hours upon hours of time, scary oozy time.  Trust me, it is not like I am dancing through fields of lavender over here.  The days are pretty busy.  Surprsingly, Walter and I don't see a lot of one another.  We get a decent visit in the morning and at night.  Once I took him to the pediatrician's office for a look-see.  I saw way more than I was ready to see.  Dr. Meredith, our pediatrican, took Walter for a spin on the dance floor and I saw all beneath, around, the side...you get my point.  It was kind of like ripping a bandaid off.  I never would have put Walter to that kind of test.  He was up for the challenge though, and so am I.  King has gained a pound since Walter joined the fam.  I think we'll keep him. 

Don't you think that little King will rock the playground with Walter the Schwillderbeast?  I imagine that his friends will welcome Walter with open arms.  If not, they'll get the one two punch from me.  Who wants to get beaten up by a mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment