Sunday, September 16, 2012

And into 2012...



This email was written on December 19, 2011.  God was with me as I wrote this email and when I received the phone call from our Pediatrician, Gary Meredith. Of course I was shocked to hear that we had a hurdle to overcome, but with the love and support of friends I knew that I could summon the courage.  If you know our story then you know the outcome, but this is how it all started....


"Hi Friends,
Thank you for your prayers while Kenneth King was in the NICU.  They worked!  He is home with us and we are enjoying his warmth.
Today, when I was on the phone with Allie, our Pediatrician called to let me know that the Cystic Fibrosis test came back posititve.  What a shock!  We need your prayers again...they have proven to be such a support!  Many times this test proves to be a false positive.  We are hoping to have Kenneth King retested tomorrow at Children's.  The next test will be a sweat test which is more definitive. Kenneth King will have to produce enough sweat to be tested.  Alex and I are unaware of CF genes in our families...we've been on the phone a good portion of the evening. 
Our List for Santa This Year
-We get an appointment tomorrow at Children's for the sweat test
-Kenneth King can produce enough sweat
-The results come back quickly
-We get a negative this time and a conclusive false positive for Cystic Fibrosis
Thank you all for being a part of our lives...you managed to hold us up over the last weeks.
Love,
Ginger"

No comments:

Post a Comment